Here are the top data recovery tips from industry experts on how to hire a professional data recovery services company to perform file recovery from your failed computer hard disk drive (HDD or SSD), external hard drive, USB flash drive or RAID Array:
1) 95%+ data recovery success rate is likely a scam, or the techs only work on easy logical recoveries. 80%-85% is more realistic for advanced data recovery.
2) How should the quote be determined? RAID and Hard Drive Data Recovery quotes should be based on a specialist's diagnosis to determine the type of failure(s) on the device. Ideally, it will be a local advanced data recovery lab.
Data Recovery Guru is a nationwide provider, but we primarily service customers through out the Greater Boston Area, with offices in Dedham, Cambridge and Boston, Massachusetts. Call us for location addresses.
3) Cheap quotes indicate deceit or limited expertise and equipment as a data recovery company. Data Recovery services quotes should depend on the failure type and damage severity.
4) How to know if the data recovery companies are local? Ask if they provide local device pick-up by their own staff!
5) Is a clean room needed for hard disk drive data recovery? YES. Why? Because the recovery procedure in swapping damaged internal mechanical components must prevent any dust particulates entering the drive, to minimize further damage. For non-mechanical recoveries it is NOT needed.
6) There should be no hidden fees, like declined service fees, for example. Data Recovery Guru has a "No recovered data, no service charge" policy. Pay only if critical files are recovered successfully.
7) Are you busy? Want convenient service? We offer door-to-door service. We will pick-up and drop-off your device at NO EXTRA CHARGE.